Access to any of the medical services are available via referral.
Your local GP, physician, surgeon or allied health professional will be able to assist you with obtaining a referral to a private specialist who is accredited at the hospital and who can organise your admission or enrolment into a program.
During your stay you will be under the direct care of this private specialist who will from time to time be assisted by other accredited private specialists and hospital staff.
- Cancer Support Groups
- Chaplaincy Services / Counselling
- Diabetes Services
- Dietetic Nutrition Service
- Discharge Planning
- DVA Liaison
- Hospital in the Home (HITH) Services
- Interpreter Service
- Occupational therapy
- Orthotics and prosthetics
- Radiology, including CT and MRI
- Social Worker
- Speech Pathology
- Stomal Therapy
* A range of outpatient programs (including Cardiac Rehabilitation) are available through Dorset Rehabilitation Centre.
- Breast Service
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Day Surgery / Endoscopy Unit
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Emergency Department (24-hour)
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Intensive Care / Coronary Care
- Operating Theatres
- Oral Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Respiratory Medicine
- Short Stay Unit
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Weight Loss
John Fawkner Private Hospital provides a ‘Hospital in the Home’ (HITH) service offering patients the advantage of receiving nursing and medical care for acute conditions in the comfort of their own home.
Our HITH service is staffed by trained health professionals whose aim is to give patients the highest possible level of service and quality care.
Benefits of our Hospital in the Home service include:
- Less disruption to lifestyle
- Enables the patient to return to normal routines
- Lessens risk of infection
- Outpatient appointments allow for greater flexibility in delivery of care
- Enables patient care to be continued well into recovery
- Patients have daily nursing contact
- Provision of hospital care in a familiar, comfortable and private environment.